Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oops, I sharted

Hi. The generator has been broken in the village for about 2 months now. So no electricity has been pretty cool. I switched to candles after my lantern busted and I think I like it better. They don't smell and I like playing with open flames so it's win/win. Something that has been kind of a bum out is no water. A new water source is being piped into the village right now and about 5 days ago running water ceased flowing through the taps. Instead of just jumping into the river to bath I have been taking bucket showers with the water from my filter. I have nothing against the river, I just don't have biodegradable soaps here. There's already pig guts and horse terds floating around, I should try not to make it worse. My filtered water will run out in a day so I hope when I get back to the village the problem will be fixed.
2 weeks ago I started farming harder than I have before. I borrowed a digging fork and scratched three plots for my watermelons, chinese cabbage, and peppers. On day two I got a sunburn on my back. On day three I decided I was never gonna get a proper tan if I didn't get as much sun as possible. On day 4 I had sun blisters. I spent 3 or 4 days laying on my floor on my stomach trying not to move. With any luck something will grow. I have a feeling that my efforts will just be scorched by the sun.
Ashley will be here this month...in just over 2 weeks. I am ever so excited!! I have no idea what we will do because neither one of us will have money to spend. I think we'd both be happy just laying around and looking longingly into each others eyes. I guess we could give my cat a bath too.
I dont have much news to relay back home. Oh! I dont know if I thanked Aunt Donna and Uncle Tome for their last letter (and gift). Thank you very much. I get kind of backed up in my e-mails and what not and never remember what I say to whom. So Thank you! And FIY, first class mail does not get here any faster so save your money. Mail has been WICKED slow the last month. I guess its becuse of the holidays but things are taking close to a month to reach me, if not more. Ok BYE!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

so i wrote you a very long email and i havent heard a damn thing. no "hey sis, your your e-mail. sorry ive been busy" NOTHING. i even talked to you on turkey day and no mention of my email. that was a good email damn you! witty and everything. i dont like fiji and i dont like you! just kidding i love you very much. stop being gay and write to your big sister sometime you loser. luv ya!

Anonymous said...

We all want to know...did she or didn't she cry when she saw you?? Hope you are enjoying your time together. Our love to the both of you. Happy New Year...xxoxoxo

Mom & Dad